Please be sure to read this information very carefully.
In order to enroll in a class at The Guelph Academy of Dance (TGAD), children must be 3 years of age by December 31st, 2018.
You will not be completely registered with a secure place in a class until TGAD has received a completed registration form and either
- One full year payment
- Three (3) postdated cheques for tuition.
- Seven (7) monthly postdated cheques for tuition
- Signed pre-authorization form for VISA/MasterCard payments
No one is permitted to “freeze” enrollment. Enrollment into a dance class is for a full-year; therefore classes and payments may not be interrupted.
If it is your intention to withdraw from classes, please inform TGAD and follow the withdrawal policy.
In the unfortunate event of a returned cheque, a $25 administrative fee will be charged against the account.
Refunds are not issued for missed classes. If there are more than one class per week offered in the child’s dance form and level, students are encouraged to attend a make up class.
Make up classes must be in the same dance form and level, no exceptions.
Parents of students enrolled in Pre Ballet 2 and higher classes will need to purchase tickets to the year-end recital.
Parents should be aware that there might be extra costs related to the end-of-year recital (example tights for jazz and tap costumes), however these costs will be kept at a minimum.
TGAD does not give out staff home phone numbers, if you would like to speak to the teacher, please call and I will be pass the message to them.
TGAD does not pass out class lists or provide information about any of the students.
The Guelph Academy of Dance follows the Upper Grand School Board’s decisions regarding inclement weather and particularly the City of Guelph schools.
Please check the website www.guelphdance.com for inclement weather cancellations.
- If the school buses are cancelled and the schools are closed – Dance classes at the studio will be canceled unless the schools are closed due to COLD WEATHER. Please check your email or studio website.
- If the school buses are canceled and the schools remain open – The studio will be open and classes will run as scheduled.
- In the case that active weather picks up through the day, we will email all families to let you know if your class has been cancelled.
INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE UPDATED ON THE WEBSITE and STUDIO VOICEMAIL.