Please be sure to read this information very carefully.
The Guelph Academy of Dance Inc is adhering to all guidelines and protocols set in place by WDG Public Health, the Ontario Government and the Dance Safe Initiative.
For TGAD’s full document covering COVID-19 protocols and procedures, please follow the link: http://guelphdance.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/08/TGAD-Guidelines-and-Protocols-COVID-19.pdf
No more than 50 people are permitted inside of the building at any time to ensure proper social distancing. Dance spaces are 7.25 x 6.5 foot squares. Policy subject to change as directed by WDG Public Health
- Purple Studio = 12 dance squares maximum + 2 spaces for teachers and assistants
- Yellow Studio = 16 dance squares maximum + 2 spaces for teachers and assistants
- Blue Studio = 16 dance squares maximum + 2 spaces for teachers and assistants
To enroll in a class at the Guelph Academy of Dance, children must be three years of age by December 31st, 2020.
No one is permitted to “freeze” enrollment. Enrollment into a dance class is for a full-year; therefore, classes and payments may not be interrupted.
If you intend to withdraw from classes, please inform TGAD and follow the withdrawal policy on the reverse side of this form.
Refunds are not issued for missed classes.
Parents of students enrolled in Pre Ballet 2 and above are required to purchase tickets to the year-end recital.
Parents should be aware that there might be extra costs related to the end-of-year recital (example tights for jazz and tap costumes); however, these costs are kept to a minimum.
TGAD does not give out staff home phone numbers or personal email addresses. If you would like to speak to the teacher, please call, and I will pass the message to them.
TGAD does not pass out class lists or provide information about any of the students.
The Guelph Academy of Dance follows the Upper Grand School Board’s decisions regarding inclement weather and particularly the City of Guelph schools.
Please check the website www.guelphdance.com for inclement weather cancellations.
- If the school buses are cancelled and the schools are closed – Dance classes at the studio will be canceled unless the schools are closed due to COLD WEATHER. Please check your email or studio website.
- If the school buses are canceled and the schools remain open – The studio will be open and classes will run as scheduled.
- In the case that active weather picks up through the day, we will email all families to let you know if your class has been cancelled.
INFORMATION WILL ALWAYS BE UPDATED ON THE WEBSITE and STUDIO VOICEMAIL.